Over the last few years, Outlaw has developed into the robust, feature-rich contract lifecycle management (CLM) platform that has consistently ranked as one of the highest rated CLM platforms in the market.
But with rapid product developments also came the need to package our platform in an easy, digestible way our prospects and customers can immediately understand and relate to.
That’s why we’ve organized Outlaw’s platform into 4 distinct modules — each targeted at solving a specific set of problems in the entire contract lifecycle. Together, the modules form an end-to-end suite of products that transforms the way organizations carry out contracting.
- Draft – Generate contracts the faster, smarter way with our advanced legal template management system
- Flow – Streamline your end-to-end deal flow with intuitive collaboration, real-time negotiation, and mobile eSigning
- Vault – Unlock the value of contracts in a secure, searchable repository
- Connect – Automate your contracting even further with no-code integrations
This post will provide you with an in-depth understanding of the 4 modules, and how you can leverage them to supercharge your contract management process. And If you haven’t already, take a look at our all-new Home Page and Platform page.
Why organize Outlaw’s platform into 4 modules?
“Since the early days of Outlaw, we’ve presented our platform as an end-to-end solution, which it remains. But we realized that every prospect we talk to starts out with one major pain point they want to address, or two at most. So rather than present them with Outlaw’s platform in its entirety, a less overwhelming and confusing way is to begin with whichever module directly addresses what they care about most right now.”Evan Schneyer, CEO & Co-Founder at Outlaw
While users are free (and encouraged) to use Outlaw’s platform end-to-end, we’ve realized that Sales teams, for example, might be more interested to use Flow for its deal flow environment. Meanwhile, Legal might jump straight into Vault to get visibility into contract data, and Operations might enjoy Connect most for its integration capabilities.
Organizing our platform into 4 modules thus helps our prospects better match their most pressing problem to a solution, enables them to get a better understanding of Outlaw’s platform, and eases their CLM search process.
It’s important to note that this organization is simply done as a refresh of the way our team, users and prospects think of and understand Outlaw’s platform. Product-wise, no barriers have been set. This means our users still get access to the full platform. That is to say, our transparent pricing still follows a pay-per-seat model and will not be priced per module.
Now that we’ve addressed the important questions, let’s dive right into each module to help you better understand how they can help streamline your contract process.
Draft – Generate contracts the faster, smarter way with our advanced legal template management system
At the core of what makes Outlaw so powerful is Draft, our proprietary template management and authoring system. No more storing contract templates as static Word docs with yellow-highlighted fields — Draft enables you to transform those tedious templates into dynamic, self-service ones that your teams can use to generate contracts easily.
What can you do with Draft?
- Build customizable self-service contract templates using our powerful template authoring tool.
- Tailor contract workflows per template to your organization’s exact business process requirements. Pre-determine contract users, their roles and permissions, guest access, etc.
- Generate multiple variations of contracts with just one master template. This is done by leveraging conditional logic to populate specific clauses when certain criteria is met.
- Attach a personalized overview to your formal contracts to make it easier for your recipients to understand. Link overview sections to relevant contract clauses for easy referencing.
- Cut rogue contracts down to zero and eliminate workflow bottlenecks by creating pre-approved templates.
Flow – Streamline your end-to-end deal flow with intuitive collaboration, real-time negotiation, and mobile eSigning
Flow is Outlaw’s end-to-end deal flow environment that allows you to take a contract from creation to signing quickly and seamlessly.
What can you do with Flow?
- Streamline contract negotiation and issue resolution to reach agreement faster. Redline, edit and comment directly in-app to minimize back and forths and multiple email threads.
- Collaborate on the same document together, in real-time, with automatic section locking when a teammate is editing a specific contract section. No more overlapping edits or long turnover times.
- Expedite internal approvals and optimize organizational collaboration with automated approvals and email notifications for important deal milestones.
- Maintain complete transparency and compliance throughout your entire team with all important deal activity logged and version histories saved. Restore a previous version with a click of a button.
- Directly eSign in-app from anywhere, on any device for a faster, seamless deal close.
- Generate customized contracts by the thousands with Outlaw’s powerful batch generation tool.
Vault – Unlock the value of contracts in a secure, searchable repository
Vault is Outlaw’s secure, cloud-based data repository that provides a single source-of-truth for all your contracts. In addition, users can also pull data and build reports here.
What can you do with Vault?
- House all your contracts securely in one central, cloud-based repository you and your teams have access to.
- Instantly discover the contracts you need with an AI-powered omni search bar. Search by keywords, parties, deal status and more.
- Easily sort through deals in your contract repository by creating saved filters and applying customized tags for your deals.
- Gain valuable insights about your business with easily configurable reports and dashboards.
- See at a glance all your contracts that are expiring or renewing, and never miss another deadline again.
- Migrate and store your existing, post-executed contracts on Outlaw to maintain a complete contract repository with all critical metadata properly indexed, searchable and reportable.
Connect – Automate your contracting even further with no-code integrations
Outlaw works the way you do. Connect lets you sync Outlaw to the tools you love to level up your contract management process.
What can you do with Connect?
- Rapidly deploy integrations with thousands of other SaaS services for free and without code via Outlaw’s app on Zapier. Automate your manual administrative tasks without even leaving the Outlaw platform.
- Automate contract generation triggered by deal stage changes from popular CRMs like Salesforce and Hubspot. Feed all contract changes back to your CRM in a bi-directional sync to promote data hygiene and consistency within your organization.
- Build custom integrations with Outlaw’s secure API access.
Powerful alone, but better together
With all that said, this means Outlaw users can choose not to use Outlaw’s platform from end-to-end since each module is functional and extremely powerful on its own.
For example, if your organization wants to stick to DocuSign for eSigning instead of using Outlaw’s eSigning feature, we support that perfectly. It’s as easy as seamlessly generating a contract on Outlaw, filling in the blanks, then exporting the document to DOCX/ PDF to upload onto DocuSign.
But the best part about Outlaw is that when these 4 modules are used together, it’ll completely transform the way your organization executes contracts. Because each module is interrelated and built with the others in mind, the platform is more powerful as a collective tool.
Ready when you are
To sum up, while we’ve built Outlaw into a robust, end-to-end solution that eliminates chaos throughout the contract lifecycle, we also recognize that different users come with different needs and don’t always require the full breadth of an end-to-end solution right away.
Fully transitioning a complex contract process onto a CLM platform is a gradual process. Many of our clients are still continuously discovering the value of other Outlaw platform modules they’re not fully taking advantage of as they become power users in their day-to-day.
So no matter where you’re starting from, Outlaw’s suite of products is designed to fit into your current workflows and start making a difference — right away. From drafting new contracts to redlining and eSigning in real-time to tracking documents post-sign, Outlaw is the end-to-end CLM platform to meet you where you’re at — and not the other way around.
Choose how you start your contract process, and we’ll help you put order back into your court.
Want to learn more?
hello this is me Outlaw platform modules
Outlaw platform modules
Outlaw platform modules Outlaw platform modules Outlaw platform modules Outlaw Outlaw platform modules